The National Leaders’ Masterclass (Masterclass) is an annual leadership and development program for members aged 30 and over who currently hold a senior leadership role in Surf Life Saving with participants coming from a variety of clubs, roles and SLS backgrounds.
Morethan just a standard leadership program, Masterclass gives members the chanceto be part of creating an effective national movement.
Overfour days, the selected participants will be challenged to think strategicallyabout the future of Surf Life Saving in the company of like-minded members fromclubs around Australia.
As well aslearning new skills and creating opportunities for personal growth, Masterclasswill open new networks with other passionate members across the country, whoare committed to making a difference within the movement.
The skills gainedare designed to be taken back to clubs and into other areas of theparticipant’s daily life, with the aim of contributing to SLSA’s mission statementof saving lives, creating great Australians and building better communities.
In2017, SLSA established a partnership with the University of South Australia toassist in the facilitation of leadership programs like the Masterclass. Thepartnership also benefits members by providing an opportunity for attendees toenrol in a Graduate Certificate of Business Administration that can give themcredit towards an MBA.
Dueto the constantly changing situation of the COVID-19 pandemic the originaldates of September 10-13 have been postponed to later in the year when it issafe for participants from all states to travel interstate.
Surf Life SavingAustralia congratulates all our members who have been selected to attend the2020 National Leaders’ Masterclass.
2020 National Leaders’Masterclass participants:
- AndrewWright – Redhead SLSC, NSW
- BruceMcAslan – Bermagui SLSC, NSW
- CallanNickerson – Stockton SLSC, NSW
- JamieCaldwell – Bulli SLSC, NSW
- Kate Balding– Coledale SLSC, NSW
- Megan Still– Maroubra SLSC, NSW
- BrendanPrivilege – Secret Harbour SLSC, WA
- Jette Oksis– Fremantle SLSC, WA
- MargaretCargnoni – Coolangatta SLSC, QLD
- RachaelClark – Pacific SLSC, QLD
- ShaunHourigan – Nobbys Beach SLSC, QLD
- GavinCousins – Goolwa SLSC, SA
- IngridCobiac – Brighton LSC, SA
- Greg Girle –Gove SLSC, NT
- Matt Mahon –Portsea SLSC, VIC
- MatthewTaylor – Anglesea SLSC, VIC